Thursday, April 8, 2010

Friday Five: Musicals

Okay, folks. I'm going to be straight with you. I totally stole this idea from a fellow blogger. She's the smarty pants behind this idea. I always love reading little tidbits about people. The 'Friday Five' will, hopefully, be a way to share a little more of myself-sans weight loss struggles.

I'm starting off small and light this Friday. If you already know me-know me, you can probably just come back next for the next post :)

Musicals aren't everyone's favorite but I LOVE them! So, here are my favorite 5 Musicals:

1. The Sound of Music

I mean, c'mon. Of course this is my favorite musical. My daughter's named after one of the characters! I've loved this musical since well before I can remember. When I am in an exceptionally good mood I find myself singing "The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Music". It just naturally comes out of me. Love it.


2. My Fair Lady
Eliza Doolittle puts a smile on my face.


3. The King and I

This musical isn't in my top 5 for it's musical quality. I actually find the songs lacking and skip past the slow ones :) I like the story and find the king very entertaining--but the real reason why it's in my top 5? I.love.the.clothes. My favorite dress is the one Anna wears to the dinner. When the wives lift their dresses (with no undergarments) to hide from the man with "head of a goat" and the "evil eye", I crack up. Every single time.


4. Fiddler on the Roof

I really wish I was related Tevye. Can you imagine how fun family gatherings would be? Hilarious.


5. Mary Poppins
Or "Pop Pop", as Liesl calls it. I just love Julie Andrews. And most people love Mary Poppin's lace up shoes, too. Oh, not me. I want a pair of the purple shoes she pulls our of her carpet bag! I wonder if they come in a size 12...

I think I might just walk around singing songs from musicals all day now.

Off to complete Day 3, Week 1 of C25k!......What's your favorite musical???

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...I too have a love for Musicals.Are we talking movie Musicals? or Broadway?
    Phantom of the Opera
    My Fair Lady! "Come on Dover...come on!"
    Beauty and the Beast (its Disney and broadway)
    Funny Face (love Fred Astaire)
    West Side Story
    Sound of Music (kinda long but I enjoy it)
    Rent
    Almost Famous(wait that's not a musical, just great music)
    Hmm...that's more than 5 isn't it. I enjoy any musical I see pretty much. Tried the King and I really wanted to like it, but couldn't do it. Cats either.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in! I value your opinion so feel free to leave it.