Monday, April 5, 2010

C25k

C25K looks like a bunch of gibberish BUT it stands for "Couch to 5k" which is what I've decided to make my next endeavor. And I won't be doing it alone. JewliaGoulia started her C25K and invited people to join along. It will be great to have the support and have a community of newbies to running. Join us if you've ever thought about running but were to shy, scared, self-conscious, unmotivated, nervous or thought you were to out of shape to do it. What have you got to lose?



After 5ish weeks of the 'Last Chance Workout' DVD, I am calling it quits. It's not that it isn't fun. I still enjoy it, but it takes up an hour of Liesl's naptime. Oh, who am I kidding? I just want to RUN! I'd rather RUN than stay inside and finish up a DVD which, by the way, is to blame for aggravating an old injury in my foot. I haven't done the cardio portion since Thursday but added in running, bike riding, more walking while continuing with the 'LCW' strengthening, and my foot doesn't hurt nearly as bad as before. Yay!

But does this mean that I didn't complete yet another goal I set??? Yeah, I guess so. I think I stuck with it long enough to see the benefits I would gain. However, I was beginning to dread Liesl's nap time just because I knew I would have to do the workout, and I knew it would wipe me out for the rest of the day b/c of my foot. I even began keeping Liesl up longer than usual to avoid it. Eeek! That's a sure sign it's time for a change! I may pull it out on a rainy day because it is a fantastic workout; but that's the beauty of DVD's!

In addition to changing my workout, I've also changed my weigh in day. Wednesday is now the lucky winner. I think it will give my body a chance to rebound from the weekend.

Off to tend to the garden now...

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping in! I value your opinion so feel free to leave it.