Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday Mark

Last week was Christmas week. I made Peanut Butter Balls, ate quite a few of them, drank hot chocolate and indulged in much more food than I planned. I lost half a pound-that half a pound it strictly the result of exercise, not diet. Now, Christmas is over and it's time to get serious. The sweets and richly caloric food are out of the house, and on the menu for this week are healthy meals. It's all planned out. Let's hope I stick to it!

I ran for the second time since starting this journey, and it felt good. It wasn't anything impressive. 6 minutes total. 2 X 1 minute and 2 X 2 minutes. Like I said, nothing impressive but I have to start somewhere! From my house to one of the stoplights and back is 2 miles, but I'm not measuring distance. I would like to run at least 2 times a week. I think that would be enough for me to keep whatever endurance I build and prevent injury. Any running advice is welcome! After the run Thursday, I took an exercise break on Christmas that lasted until this a.m. I haven't gone hiking, even though the opportunity was there. My motivation level was so low. I've felt very lazy for the past 3 days-part of that has to do with a new book I got for Christmas. I've been glued to it!

Next week Liesl and I are going to be traveling with a friend and her 2 children to South Carolina. We'll meet up with my mom and then my mom, Liesl and I are going to the beach until Friday! I'm excited about this mini vacation. My mom will, hopefully, benefit from it and so will we. I am, also, thrilled with the chance to workout at a real gym for 4 days! It will be a nice break from Jillian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in! I value your opinion so feel free to leave it.