Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday Mark

The weekends are tripping me up. I get in a good rhythm during the week and then it all goes to the dogs on the weekend. One thing lead to another and we ate at a fast food joint twice this weekend. It is amazing, though, how full I got after just eating a sandwich without the fries. I probably could/should have stopped at half a sandwich!

This past week has me one pound lighter and 2.75 inches lighter. On my second "rest" day from the DVD, I went for a walk at Rotary Park. The trail is rocky, hilly, and not well marked. I passed through a couple of creeks along the way, too. Halfway into the walk, I got a phone call from Michael telling me to rush home because Liesl had gotten under the sink and swallowed "Goo Gone". She needed to go to the hospital. I felt so helpless, as I'm sure he did. Luckily, we live a mere 1.5 miles from the hospital so Michael headed out on foot with our daughter. Once on the main road, a kind Samaritan offered Michael a ride to the hospital. Meanwhile, back in the middle of the trail, I tucked my camera in the bag on my back and started running. I ran through the creeks, over ice, on a winding, barely familiar, trail. The only thing going through my mind was "my baby is sick and I'm left up to my feet and physical fitness to get me to her". Once at the car, I high tailed it to the E.R. Liesl had to stay for a couple of hours of observation but she is o.k.

The "walk in the park" this weekend proved something to me: I can run. Not just jog, but run. I've been afraid to run because the potential for injury is so much greater due to the extra weight I'm carrying, but, if it's only for 2 days a week, I think it's safe.

Tuesday is my next "rest" day and I planning on running...



...not at Rotary Park, but somewhere!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I hadn't heard about this. I'm glad she's ok. I know what you mean about running did you ever read my blog about sprinting. It may sound fammier to you. Its on my marathon mile blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in! I value your opinion so feel free to leave it.