Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday Update

This post should really be 'Monday Mark' but due to complications it is once again being posted on Tuesday.

The 'Last Chance Workout' DVD is kicking my bottom...and my triceps..and my quads...and pretty much every other muscle in my body. I am officially half-way through, though. And I think I'm going to make it. But I've had my doubts this week. Yesterday was probably the hardest yet. I weighed in yesterday morning and balled. Poor Michael was welcomed home to a train wreck. After all the hard work I put in the scale only budged .8 of a pound. Luckily mid-day I was coming to terms with what my body is doing. I not only up'd the workout this week but changed a bit of my diet, too. More protein and fewer carbs. I've done this before but always forget what it does to my body. I haven't struggled with symptoms of my IBS since after Liesl was born and this week was a reminder of what life used to be. Without going into many more details, after the light bulb moment I did what I could to fix the problem. I weighed in again this morning and found the scale to be 2 pounds less than yesterday. My body just can't function without a certain number of carbs.

2 pounds is great..and I'll take it, but with as hard as I worked out it just doesn't seem like enough. The inches, though, are great. 1/2 inch in my upper arm, calf and thigh and 2 inches in my waist (this a.m., not yesterday). I am starting to feel more of my jaw line when I put lotion on my face and I can see the faintest line of a collar bone...sometimes. BUT, I am still not satisfied. Last week on the Biggest Loser, they sent the contestants to work 8 hours a day for 5 days and set an opening and closing time on the gym. What does that mean? More of a normal life schedule. It was amazing to see the effort they put in everyday. They would exercise in the a.m., go to work and come home to exercise...AGAIN. If they can workout 2 times a day AND go to work, why can't I? I'm a stay at home mom and I have those options right now. So, I've decided to add a 2 mile (ish) walk into my daily routine, either in the a.m. or p.m. I got it in yesterday at Lies'sl nap time because Michael was home. Today is my "rest" day from the LCW DVD but I still plan on walking. Not only am I adding more exercise, but I am going to actively watch my calories. Last week I changed the diet, but didn't truly count the calories. Yesterday I did and was shocked at how easily the amount crept up. I easily surpassed the amount I aimed for. I am going to try to keep the calories between 1200-1500. That was my goal yesterday and I'm pretty sure I got around 1800.

I would LOVE to see a 5 pound decrease next weigh-in..and I think it's more than attainable.

Half way through with the DVD is making me think: What the heck am I going to do next? I love the mixing of the strength training and cardio but I'm not sure what to turn to. I think I might need a break from Jillian. I love her, but something new would be great. I've checked out 'The Firm' and it seems to follow the HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) plan, but it's a bit pricey. If anyone has any suggestions for great workout DVD's, I'm open!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in! I value your opinion so feel free to leave it.