Monday, May 10, 2010

Just Do It

I have been hesitating all day to blog.

Do you ever have days where you just want to hide under a rock and let the world go by? Yeah, that's me today.

I feel like I am beginning to sound like a broken record with my posts. I'm doing great, then I'm not. And exercising isn't the problem. I AM doing great there. I love to exercise! Even when I'm not motivated to exercise I still do it. It's becoming habit. I roll out of bed to walk or run most mornings without even thinking about sleeping in. Being active is not my problem.

My love/hate relationship with food is the problem. I know what foods to eat, I buy the right foods to eat, I think about eating the right foods...but I don't. It is easier to pour a bowl of cereal than make a healthy omelet, or eat a frozen pizza for lunch than prepare something healthy. And, yes, those have been my meals for the day. I have a refrigerator PACKED with healthy foods but I chose to eat processed stuff.

I haven't been motivated to eat healthy. I am by no means giving up on losing weight and becoming changing but I've come to some sort of road block. Seth at Fit with a Purpose really struck home when he made a list of what his life looked like before his weight loss journey and after. Before he ate whatever he wanted and now?? He said, "I am intentional with my eating." Yes! That is what I want.

I haven't "felt" like eating healthy. My excuses? The dishes pile up so fast when you cook instead of re-heat or order out. My husband has been working late hours and not eating dinner at home so why make big meals for just me and Liesl?

At church yesterday my pastor taught from Romans 12:1-2 about being a Living Sacrifice.

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual( or reasonable) act of worship. 2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

This scripture has always convicted me. I am supposed to offer my body as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God, as my act of worship. I can defile my body by what I do with it. Whether it's sexual immorality, cruel words or putting substances I know are harmful in my body. For me, I know certain foods can harm the body but I've chosen to let my feelings lead me and eat them anyway. As the pastor said yesterday, being led by feelings is a mark of immaturity. There are things that we know we have to do even when we don't feel like doing them: go to work, school, clean the house, pay the bills, etc,. Just because I don't feel like eating healthy is NOT a good enough reason. Nike said it simply, but wisely: Just Do It.

I am responsible for sacrificing myself, all of me, to God whether I feel like it or not. It is my "reasonable act of worship".

Do you struggle with staying motivated to eat healthy?? What do you do about it??

1 comment:

  1. good post. The verse definitely applies here. Set your mind (col 3:2) and do everything with a purpose.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in! I value your opinion so feel free to leave it.