Friday, November 20, 2009

it's the little things

Yesterday was a small glimpse of things to come. I know during the next few weeks it's going to be hard to stay focused on eating healthy with the holidays coming, but I also remember that the first few weeks after altering your diet leads to withdrawls. For me, sugar withdrawl is going to be the kicker.

A few months ago I purchased Jillian Michaels DVD 'Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism'. If you've seen The Biggest Loser, you'll know that she is intense. This workout is no different. It's roughly 60 minutes of hardcore cardio. I've only exercised with it 3 times in 3 months. Michael, in his infinite wisdom, told me that 60 minutes of an intense workout is a lot to expect of someone that hasn't worked out in years. True. So, after reading reviews and reading about a friend working out to this DVD, I went to Target last night to purchase the '30 Day Shred' by Jillian Michaels because each workout is only 20 minutes. I can handle 20 minutes over 60 any day. While on the way to Target, I reviewed how many calories I had eaten that day and determined I still could eat more. My sweet tooth was pulsing. I would get a candy bar! After all, being really good 2 days in a row merited me something sweet, right? Wrong. I got to Target, found the DVD (on sale for $9, by the way), looked at toys and clothes for Liesl and walked right passed the candy section. I decided I couldn't buy a workout DVD and a candy bar at the same time. However, it didn't stop me from driving, out of my way, to Wendy's. I just couldn't do it. I couldn't ruin the hard work I put in over these past few days. Instead, I went home, popped the DVD in to see what I had in store and ate an 80 calorie packet of Liesl's fruit gummies. Turning down candy or ice cream is just something I don't do. I guess it is now.

By the way, the '30 Day Shred' workout this morning was quite intense. Halfway through I had to pause it to go throw up. BUT-I went back in and finished it. I was nauseated for the next half hour, though. I plan on doing the Level 1 longer than just 10 days because I know I won't be ready to advance any further. This might become the 3 month shred, or even 3 year shred depending on how intense the next levels are, instead of 30 days. I love that it's a full workout in 20 minutes. It gives me much more "me" time during Liesl's naps than a 60 minute dvd does. I can't wait to do it again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in! I value your opinion so feel free to leave it.