Sunday, November 8, 2009

One Thing

...there has always been one thing about myself that I never liked and have always wanted to change. It's the one thing most women obsess over. That one thing is my weight.

All my life weight has been my biggest issue. I've tried to lose weight before and failed, and I've tried to lose weight before and succeeded...only to gain it back. This past year has been a rollercoaster for me. Adjusting to life as a stay at home mommy (with postpartum depression), living in a new house in a new town with no car to my name, finding a church and, most recently, being in South Carolina for an entire month to visit with my sick father and being slapped in the face with dealing with his death instead.

Food has been my comfort. My go to. There is no doubt that ice cream, Chinese food, Mexican food and many more personal favorites have helped numb the pain and stress that life has brought. However, I am starting to realize if I value and respect the life God has given me, I need to break this addiction because it's a slow suicide. Diabetes, heart disease, gastrointestinal diseases, high blood pressure and a laundry list of other ailments run in my immediate family. It's not as if I'm the black sheep obese family member; it's an ugly trend. But the cycle must be broken while I'm still young and before it's too late.

From blogging I'm hoping to stay in tuned with myself and stay accountable to others. My plan for this week is to truly watch what goes in my mouth instead of turning a blind eye, and to establish a workout regime. There is no time like the present...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in! I value your opinion so feel free to leave it.