Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Homekeeper's Journal: Home

My kitchen would be more inviting if ………….it was CLEAN! Dishes are like the thing that never goes away. There always seem to be a pile of dirty dishes, no matter how many times I wash them. I also would love to see more greenery in my kitchen.

My best tip for making a home seem more welcoming ….. sad, but I don't know that I have any "best tips". I suppose my best tip would be to wear a smile. Your attitude and personality make up a home--what's more welcoming than a smile?

To give the feeling of warmth in my home I often ….. crank up the heat. HA! I guess I don't really give the *feeling* of warmth, I just give warmth! I also like all sorts of scented candles (peppermint, apple pie, pumpkin pie, coffee)

In the cooler months, it is essential for me to ….. wear fun, cozy socks! Winter is great through the first snow but after that I'm ready to see green again. Little things like fun socks, festive undies (oh yeah, I went there) and lots of scarves are necessary to my sanity. Plus, when your feet are covered in plush frogs it's easier to forget about the joy of flip-flops.

Some favorite Autumn/Winter recipes are ….. pumpkin roll, veggie chili, loaded baked potatoes, chicken and dumplins, clam chowder, chocolate chip cookies, banana bread, lasagna...pretty much anything warm and, potentially, gooey

A Quick Tip for making your house more inviting …… pull back the curtains and let in the natural sunlight. To me, pulling back the curtains is like having an ever changing landscape canvas right in your room.

To join in go here: Christian Homekeeper's Network
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the lack of weigh in this week and last. Vacation was last week (woot!) and I've got a super sick little girl at home so I'm focusing on her...that and I *jumped*, not fell, off the wagon again :(

I'm just having a bit of a hard time staying on the wagon..and staying motivated. But I don't want to depress or drag anyone else down so I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in! I value your opinion so feel free to leave it.